Mentorship is a critical aspect of the WINN CDA. The Mentor will provide guidance on career and professional development with a particular focus on challenges, opportunities, and strategies for URM researchers. Through this process, the mentor will share personal experiences that have influenced their career pathway.
It is estimated that clinical trial activities will comprise 75% of a mentor’s activities. Mentors will engage scholars in the active conduct of an existing clinical trial and provide exposure to all aspects of clinical trial administration and implementation. The remaining 25% of the mentor’s focus will be on career, personal, and professional mentoring.
Mentor/Scholar interaction requirements include at least four meetings per month, of which three will be related to clinical trial research related activities.
1. Mentors must hold MD, DO, MD/PhD, or DO/PhD.
2. Mentors from academic institutions must be associate or full professors.
3. Mentors are expected to be established Clinical Investigators with an active clinical trial
4. If a mentoring team is appointed, there must be a designated primary mentor.
5. It is strongly encouraged that the primary mentor be from the sponsoring institution.
6. Mentors must provide a Biosketch.
7. Mentors must provide a letter of support.
Download the Mentor Handbook below.
Copyright © 2022
Robert A. Winn Diversity in Clinical Trials Award Program. All Rights Reserved.